Friday, April 30, 2010
Fresh off the workbench!
I needed a few new canes for my next batches of beads, so this one is the newest!
Since I had sold all my other red white and blue canes, I thought I should have one too.
More new canes are in the works and then a whole new batch of beads!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
You're a Grand Ol' Flag .......
Just getting ready for the Fourth of July with these Red White and Blue Canes.
Each cane is 2 inches long and 1 1/2 in diameter. Not really big canes but fun ones all the same.
I spent the day doing some beading and getting my next necklace ready for sale and then I decided to relax by doing some cool kaleidoscopes. These canes are already spoken for but they were a lot of fun to do and I just might need to do a couple sets for myself for my pillow beads.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Taxes are over and I am in the mood to create more beads and canes!
I have only one kaleidoscope cane left and it is defiantely time to make more.
I have been busy doing other beading lately and finished a large beaded project using a beautiful lampwork bead that I purchased quite some time ago. I had reworked it to death to get it to where I finally wanted it.
I now have taken out all of my other couple dozen lampwork focals and am working on those to follow suit. I also have completed my blank beads which I am putting my waterslides on and now I have a whole new huge set of focals! :)
I will post photos as the new canes emerge from my new clay bin!
Check out the blanks!
Have a great weekend, Julie
Posted by Julie L. Cleveland at 6:17 AM
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Still in the recycling mood, the yellows and lavendars keep getting reduced down to other colours and then shifted into something else. The little rose was a simple bullseye that I flattened and cut into sections and then reassembled into a rose. The yellow flower was the same thing only stacked.
Just more little flowers to add to my growing collection for my next set of beads.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
A lavendar ribbon flower (the lavendar is a complete mix of five or six scrap polymer clay chunks) which I used both Premo! and Fimo soft for the transparency. I allowed this to distort and used a flat lavendar center just for something different.
The other yellow mixture was another mix of polymer clay left overs which ended up being a simple daisy type flower that has a bit of contrast through it and should work well as a background flower on a bead.
I planted flowers yesterday and just was in the mood to create more flowers.
Keep watching, I have lots of clay left!