Saturday, March 6, 2010
Two kaleidoscope canes that were created this morning!
I have too many raw canes laying around! I had some flowers that did not quite make the grade for canes that I would put up for purchase, so I had thrown them in a bin that I use for cane pieces and components for canes. Today, I was looking for something else and I started digging around in the bin and taking these pieces out. When I found what I was looking for, I had this huge pile of abandoned flowers, leaves, stripes, and spirals. I sorted them into two colours and started to assemble them as kaleidoscope canes.
Obviously, the one is left over Christmas bead components which gave me a new cane for my 2010 Christmas beads and the other one reminded me of a quilt once I combined all the little flowers and solid pieces.
Both of these will find themselves on new sets of beads over the next few days as I clear out old canes and create new ones.
New beads from kaleidoscope canes that will be in my store soon: