Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Polymer Clay Flower Canes for November 2011

New canes!

I have been so busy doing so many silly things that I have gotten zero clay work done, so, I made it a point to take a lot of my extra clay pieces that I have had sitting here and make flowers. I ran into some problems with sticky clay when I started working on my kaleidoscope canes, so I went with flowers, they were not annoying me. :)

I have a half a dozen kaleidoscope cane designs created and I am determined to get them done, but I have to leach my clay and that requires me to know what the heck colors I am going to work with first. This is more trouble than I want to get into right now, so they are sitting in my design book and not on my work bench.

Here are the raw polymer clay flower canes that I just finished. I really like the pinwheel flower cane that was a very happy accident.

PCC-2011-1010 PCC-2011-1001 PCC-2011-1002 PCC-2011-1003 PCC-2011-1004 PCC-2011-1005 PCC-2011-1006 PCC-2011-1007 PCC-2011-1008 PCC-2011-1009

In addition to these canes, I created another 50 flower canes using my standard patterns of orange and yellow flowers, as well as blue and purple. I wanted to do some different flowers, so I am working on creating new patterns and experimenting with different cane shapes.

Look for new canes soon!

These canes are available in all of my stores now.

www.bluemorningexpressions.com 

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/bluemorningexpressions

http://www.etsy.com/shop/polymerclaybeads

Most of these canes are extremely limited and I will not be repeating them as they were custom colors, but I did like the styles, so those will be repeated in the future.

Have fun with flowers!

Julie and Blu

1 comment:

Melobeau said...

OMG Julie, Your canes are gorgeous! I especially like the blue floral one. I am in awe.
Anita in AZ
(aka Melobeau at MelodyODesigns)